Sunday, April 3, 2011

Kid's books that never made it

I saw a friend's status update. It said, "Daddy drinks because you cry." It reminded me of this list of kid's books that never made it. That was one of them. Here are the rest.

  1. You Are Different and That's Bad
  2. The Boy Who Died From Eating All His Vegetables
  3. Dad's New Wife Robert
  4. Fun Four-Letter Words to Know and Share
  5. Hammers, Screwdrivers and Scissors: An I-Can-Do-It Book
  6. The Kids' Guide to Hitchhiking.
  7. Curious George and the High-Voltage Fence
  8. All Cats Go to Hell
  9. The Little Sissy Who Snitched
  10. Some Puppies Can Fly
  11. That's it, I'm Putting You Up for Adoption
  12. Grandpa Gets a Casket
  13. The Magic World Inside the Abandoned Refrigerator
  14. Garfield Gets Feline Leukemia
  15. The Pop-Up Book of Human Anatomy
  16. Strangers Have the Best Candy
  17. Whining, Kicking and Crying to Get Your Way
  18. You Were an Accident
  19. Things Rich Kids Have, But You Never Will
  20. Pop! Goes The Hamster...And Other Great Microwave Games
  21. The Man in the Moon Is Actually Satan
  22. Your Nightmares Are Real
  23. Where Would You Like to Be Buried?
  24. Eggs, Toilet Paper, and Your School
  25. Why Can't Mr. Fork and Ms. Electrical Outlet Be Friends?
  26. Places Where Mommy and Daddy Hide Neat Things
  27. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry

Terrible.

But really funny!!!

Are there more? Probably.

So, as I may have mentioned before, Husband and I are currently house sitting for my parents while they're out east for a week and a half. They only live like a mile from us, so it's really a no-brainer. We stay there overnight because of Max and we go back and forth to check on our cat and bird. Husband had training this weekend so I've been on my own. Not a huge deal. It's really not a huge deal. I can handle things just fine. Right? HA! Luckily, he's coming home in a couple of hours so I waited until now to screw up.

I locked myself out of my parents house. I can't get in. My dad gave me a garage door opener to prevent this from happening but it's currently sitting on the dining room table next to my set of keys. Luckily, I have my brother's car key which happens to have my townhouse key on it, so I'm currently hanging out at my place until Husband gets home. Because he has the other key. Max is out in the yard. Good thing it's not raining. My friend Matt across the street is keeping an eye on him. Not like Max would do anything anyway. To be honest, if I was actually at the house, he'd probably still be out in the yard since he would prefer to stay out there 99% of the time anyway.

So yeah, I can say that I'm doing a swell job at house sitting. Once Husband gets home and we can get in, the first thing I am doing is putting the garage door opener in the car. Hopefully I don't lock myself out of the house without the car keys though. That would be amazing. I probably will.

I feel really stupid lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment