Monday, August 29, 2011

No time! There's never any time!

I don't have time to study! I'll never get into Stanford! I'll let everyone down, I'm so confused!!!

Does anyone else remember that episode from Saved By the Bell? HAHA!

But in all seriousness... I had no idea how much work this little bundle of joy would be. No complaints here though. I enjoy spending all of my time with her, even though she's a lot of work. And funny thing, is she is a great baby - she doesn't cry unless she's hungry, dirty, or wants a hug. She's not colicky or difficult at all. So I do not envy parents who have babies like that which are most likely a lot more work than this little peanut. My days go like this:

Wake up, change baby, feed baby, burp baby, change baby, lay baby down for a nap, pump my boobs, try to nap..baby wakes up, change baby, snuggle baby, change baby, feed baby, burp baby, change baby, lay baby down for a nap, eat a sandwich, go to the bathroom, pump my boobs, try to nap, baby wakes up....and so on. When Husband gets home, he's super helpful. He makes supper, cleans the house, and takes care of baby while I take a nice long shower. Then I take her back while he takes a shower. Then, we go to bed and baby watches TV with us, I feed her, I give her to him to burp her, and she falls asleep on his chest. Then, I fall asleep, he puts her in her bassinet, and she wakes up a couple of times throughout the night. Sometimes I'll ask Husband to change her and hand her off to me to feed. Sometimes he changes her and feeds her. Sometimes I let him sleep and I do both. It's going much better now. The first couple of weeks were awful. I was exclusively breast feeding and she wasn't gaining weight. We thought it was my milk supply. Turns out she's a lazy eater. So I started pumping and keeping track of how much she was getting. We also supplement with formula. She's a cute chunker.

She has her 1 month appointment tomorrow!

I don't know what else to say. Nothing is new. Just been spending my time doing the above. Here are some pictures. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment