Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tuesday

Today is Tuesday, and the last day of my 6-day weekend. Sad. I have to go back to work tomorrow. Which is fine, I have to go sometime. Besides, it won't be long before I'm off of work for quite a while anyway. I should probably try and work as much as possible before Sofie makes her appearance and I have to go on maternity leave. It's hard to work more than 9 hours a day though. I get so TIRED. I hit a wall around 2pm, so I have been going in extra early so that I can get my entire day in by that time and then some extra so I can leave early on Fridays.

I'm hungry. I want ice cream. I might get some after my pedicure.

Husband was supposed to go fishing today but... the weather forecast has strong storms and wind for the afternoon. Since he's still sound asleep, I think that by the time he gets up, fishing is going to be a no-go. He and his buddy will have to find something else to do. I hear it isn't safe to be out on a boat when there is wind and lightning.

I finally got my thank-you cards written out from my work-baby shower. I'll bring them to work tomorrow since I'm not there today.

Notes on the pregnancy...

So far I've been lucky enough to only have my feet swell up twice, both times from just being on them for too long. Now that the humid weather has started to set in, I know it's only a matter of time before my feet look bad. So I think today I'll go and get a pedicure so that they can look nice for at least a day or two. My polish is all peeling anyway. I tried to remove it myself the other day, and that was hilarious. I am glad nobody saw! My belly is in the way and if I bend over wrong or even try to reposition myself in bed, it's really painful. Just a few more weeks though!

My most recent appointment was last week Friday. She's measuring ahead still. I asked the midwife if this means that my uterus is just big or if it means that Sofie is bigger. She said it could be either one. There's no concern regarding the possibility of her being ahead because I don't have gestational diabetes, but it is possible that the due date may be slightly off, OR Sofie is just growing faster. She said they aren't wanting to check just yet, but if I haven't had her by 38 weeks, we'll have an ultrasound. If she's good sized, they'll induce me at 39 weeks if they feel it would be better for me. Which is good. I'm thinking she'll just come early on her own though.

She's super active all the time. She is head down as well, which is good. I figured she was based on where I was feeling most of her kicking, but they checked just to make sure, and she is definitely head down. I think she wants out. Sometimes I feel like her foot is going to bust right through my belly. She needs to cook a little longer. But I will be surprised if we make it to July 27th. Watch, now that I said that, I'll go until the first week of August...

I have my baby shower this upcoming Sunday. I'm really excited and happy that my friends and my mom are doing that for me.

Nothing much more to say right now. I need to find something to eat. Do you like wallpapers? I do. Here's one. I stole it off of Flickr. I have no idea who to give credit to. Sorry. But it's pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment