Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Dinosaur!!

The dinosaur is coming along fine. I had some spotting and I'm paranoid, so I called the clinic and they brought me in for an ultrasound. Here it is. That thing that looks like a head isn't actually a head. It's the yolk sac. Yes, like a chicken egg. That sac will help provide nutrients to the dinosaur as it grows. The other smaller piece by the yolk sac is the dinosaur.

The on-call doctor I had to see was kind of a bitch. Not gonna lie. I think she felt like it was a waste of her time to read my ultrasound because there was nothing wrong. Granted it is a bit early for an ultrasound but I was worried. It made me feel better to have that reassurance that everything is okay. I got to see the dinosaur's heart beating. It looked like a little blinking light. 124 beats per minute, and they said that's normal for around this time. It was great. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment