Sunday, February 20, 2011

In Solidarity

This was written by Tracy Fuller, Executive Board President of the Wisconsin Law Enforcement Association.

February 16th, 2011:

I am going to make an effort to speak for myself, and every member of the Wisconsin State Patrol when I say this.

I value the Capital Police, and the UW Police. I value all of the police communications officers of all the agencies in our union, and the State Troopers, and the inspectors of the State Patrol. I value “all” of the support staff of all the agencies around the state. I don’t know how any of us could function without any of us around the state. We all need each other.

I value the Bureau of Field Services, field agents of Local Three, no less than any of the other members of the union. I am here for every member of this union and always thought I had been until this week.

I specifically regret the endorsement of the Wisconsin Trooper’s Association for Governor Scott Walker. I regret the governor’s decision to “endorse” the troopers and inspectors of the Wisconsin State Patrol. I regret being the recipient of any of the perceived benefits provided by the governor’s anointing.

I think everyone’s job and career is just as significant as the others. Everyone’s family is just as valuable as mine or any other person’s, especially mine. Everyone’s needs are just as valuable. We are all great people.

http://www.wlea.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment