Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Bed rest, baby, and me.

I had an ultrasound and an appointment today. It went well. Look at her chubby cheeks! She's 34 weeks along today and is measuring in the 58% percentile. Good baby! So that makes me feel better and it's good to know that she's right on track still despite the fact that I am measuring ahead. Her heartbeat was 147. It has stayed in the 140s the whole time. She wouldn't cooperate to get a 3D picture of her face, but that's fine. The 2D was surprisingly decent and she doesn't look like an alien anymore! Cute baby.

For the time being, I have been taken off of full bed rest. I am still on limited activity though. I have to lay down for at least an hour in the morning and afternoon and have to get at 8-10 hours of sleep each night. I'm allowed to go out and do things but have to limit any errands or shopping trips to an hour a day. I can do things around the house, but have to keep it really light. I can't vacuum or anything like that. So Husband can continue doing that stuff. He's so good.

I'm just so happy not to be on straight bed rest. I know that people can find ways to pass the time and I know I would have been able to do that, but even just the few short days was awful. I enjoy reading but even that gets to be old when I'm just laying around. I don't mind resting. I enjoy it. I just want the option to get up out of bed and go somewhere if need be. I may not even do much of anything, but to have the option makes me feel better. I know in the long run, everything I do is for babycake, which makes it much more tolerable. I think I was worried about her as well, so knowing that she is doing fine makes me feel much better. The upside to bed rest is that my feet look great. No swelling at all. I do need to accept the possibility that this can change though, and I could be placed back on bed rest if things start to look not-so-good again.

I"m excited to be able to work on her room a little bit now. I ordered a bunch of things online yesterday, including her dresser. I received notification that it shipped today. Once that comes, Husband can put that together and then I can wash all of her clothes and put her things away. Husband also put together her pack & play yesterday. The cat discovered the pack & play and Husband caught her sleeping in it last night. Husband also purchased a couple of wicker laundry hampers for our room. These now belong to her as well, of course.


Oh, since I'm not allowed to go back to work, I went today and turned in my FMLA paperwork. I miss everything while I'm gone. Yesterday, apparently there was a ruckus. There is an open position in office support - you know, shredding paper, making copies, mailing letters, etc. Since it's really more of a grunt position, apparently the screening process isn't as extensive as the one used to hire for a higher paid/skilled position. Well, perhaps the State should re-evaluate their standards.

An older lady showed up in the lobby yesterday to interview for the position. As the office coordinator came to the lobby to bring her back for her interview, some tattooed man runs in and yells, "Don't let her in there! The police are on their way!" The office person thought it was a bit shady, so she brought the lady in and had her sit in an empty cubicle while she collected the paperwork for the interview. The police did in fact show up and said they had to question the lady. They started asking her questions. She was uncooperative. She ended up being hauled away.

So here's the whole story.

The woman rode the city bus downtown for her interview. While on the bus, she steals this dude's cell phone. She gets off the bus and goes into a cafe. The guy follows her and has someone call his phone and the woman's purse starts to ring. So he knows she jacked his phone. She realizes she is caught and then barricades herself in the bathroom. While in the bathroom, she disposes of the phone in the garbage, but keeps the battery. She then bolts from the cafe and comes to our office and waits for her interview. The guy follows her in yelling. She is brought in from the lobby into the office and left unsupervised in an empty cubicle while things are being sorted out. While in the cubicle, she disposes of the cell phone battery in the garbage can. The police show up to question her. She is uncooperative. They find the cell phone battery in the garbage after searching. She is taken away and arrested, and is being charged with obstruction and theft.

It's so stupid and so funny. I hope it ends up in the paper so I can know what her name is.

The whole time, my supervisor had been waiting to interview her. The office person goes in there and says, "You won't be interviewing so-and-so as she was just arrested by the police."

I wonder if she will be sent a rejection letter. Thank goodness she never made it any further. I'd hate for her to work there and then steal from us. I leave my purse out all the time and I don't lock my drawers. I mean, I work for a state agency. You'd think you wouldn't have to worry about something like that. And I still don't think I have to. The people I work with are honest people and have integrity. I think this woman just slipped through somehow.

I miss everything when I'm gone. Nothing ever happens when I'm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment