Sunday, June 12, 2011

Bed rest, part II

Uh...so I got my test results back on Saturday from my 24-hr pee collection.

If your protein levels are 300 or above, you are considered to have pre-eclampsia. Am I spelling that right? Anyway, my levels are 275. That, coupled with my slightly hypertensive blood pressure, means that I can't go back to work until after Sofia is born. This sucks, for a million reasons.

I can't just NOT go back to work, but I can't even do anything. I have to lay around all day long. I can't do any housework. I can't put the nursery together. I can't go anywhere unless wherever I am going is a the clinic or a place where I can lay down. That pretty much gives me the option of going to my parents house.

It's also going to mess things up with work. I didn't plan on going on maternity leave until I went into labor. Well, that's totally shot now. I have to call my boss tomorrow and explain that I can't come back to work until the end of August now. I hope very much that Sofie comes early because I will need 6-8 weeks with her after she is born, but I only have 12 weeks allowed per FMLA, which starts this week. I'll be 36 weeks as of June 29th. Part of me hopes that she comes that week. Maybe they can induce me. Of course, only if she's healthy. But the other part of me feels bad because I know the longer she stays in, the better it is for her. I'll be doing weekly ultrasounds now most likely so that they can check her growth, which is good anyway because she has been measuring ahead. Right now I'm measuring at 37 weeks, so maybe at 36 weeks she'll be all done and ready to come out. I know that all of this is totally out of my control, so I will just keep doing whatever I'm supposed to do. Which is, apparently....nothing.

All will be well.... I just hope I don't die of boredom. Husband put the TV in our bedroom. I can also lay on our couch. Good thing we have Netflix and Showtime on demand. I've been wanting to catch up on Season 5 of Dexter anyway. I have a blanket I'm knitting. I have to work on the thank-you cards from my baby shower last weekend. I have a ton of Sookie Stackhouse books that I borrowed from a co-worker. Husband starts his job on July 11th, so hopefully baby comes before then so I'm not home alone unable to do anything. I'm thinking that if I'm still pregnant when he goes to work, I'll just spend the days at my mom and dad's house in case I go into labor. I know my dad will be around to drive me to the hospital if need be.

No comments:

Post a Comment