Thursday, June 23, 2011

Lies!! And baby things.

I think yesterday was false labor. My uterus is lying to me.

I've been doing some reading up on it, but I don't know for sure because what I had doesn't totally fit. It says in order for it to be considered false labor, the contractions have to be irregular in length and frequency. Mine weren't. Mine were very regular in length and frequency. But the fact that they didn't get stronger over time and ended (I think they ended...but I couldn't really tell I was having them in the first place so....) tells me that it was just false labor. Well, and the fact that I didn't have a baby today. I woke up with horrible cramping. That subsided a bit though. I don't know. I think I'll just not worry about it unless something major changes. I'll lay low today and help Husband get the nursery organized.

Husband put the dresser together last night. So today I will show him where to move the furniture (since I'm not allowed to help move furniture) and then we'll start putting all of Sofie's things away. We'll separate her clothes by sizes. We'll wash them. We'll fold them and put them in drawers. We'll hang her dresses. Oh! We need baby hangars! Maybe Husband will want to go to Target later. And maybe he can pick me up a treat. Like some chicken nuggets. :)

I find myself getting really excited when I think about the possibility of the baby getting here really soon! Either way, she'll be here in a month and I'm so excited. I can't wait to see her cute face and tickle her feet!! AHH!!!

Husband woke up at 4:00 this morning and sat up in bed. Then he stood up. I asked him what was wrong. He said he couldn't keep still. I was worried because he kept stretching his arm and I think I've seen too many medical shows where young guys wake up in the middle of the night with heart attack symptoms. He said no, it wasn't that at all.... but that he's just antsy because he can't stop being excited about the baby. I think that's adorable. I love him more every day. Seeing him get excited about being a father is heart wrenching, in a good way. And, it's kind of sexy. I don't know why. But it is. He seems to have the nesting instinct a lot more than I do for some reason. I think it's because I'm physically unable to do half of the things that need to be done and so he has adopted the urge to nest while I sit here and and tell him where to put things.

The nursery is coming along nicely. We got a lot done today. We currently have a load of her laundry in the washing machine. We separated it into three piles: pinks, whites, and darker colors. HAHAHA!!! There is SO much pink. I love it.

I am not going to take pictures until it's done. But once it's done, you will see it, and might love it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment