Saturday, June 25, 2011

Yay, farmer's market!

This blog today is going to have links galore. Because I'm lazy. And I like the link function.

I want ice cream. I need to go and eat some. Yes, it's early, but if bars in this area can open at 6:00am, then then what's so wrong with having ice cream for breakfast? Ice cream for breakfast is way more healthy than beer. Especially when you're pregnant. Ice cream has protein and calcium and other things.

My co-worker Judy is a gem. I love her and love that she has a farm and love that I get to participate in CSA at her farm and get yummy things once a week all summer long! She has a booth at the farmer's market this summer, so it makes it even easier with me being on modified bed rest. I can sneak away for a short while and go downtown every Saturday morning and pick up my CSA box rather than drive once a week to her farm which is way out of town.

What is CSA? Read about it here. I'm too lazy to copy and paste or explain it for myself.

Last week we got rhubarb, chives, green onions, lettuce, pickled green beans, and mint. It's still early in the season so we didn't get a lot, but I thought it was still a lot. We also picked up some organic strawberries, so I made a yummy rhubarb strawberry pie that weekend.

I'm super excited to see what we get today. As soon as Husband gets up. I don't know why I always wake up before him because I tend to fall asleep AFTER him.

I had nightmares all night last night which is part of the reason I've been up for a while. Maybe because I ate Mexican food for dinner. Who knows. I know I'll be taking a nap later though because I didn't sleep well at all. At least the baby was bouncing around this morning. That cheered me up a bit. And then I realized what day it was and I got even happier. Yay! Being home and not working at all makes it so I don't even know what day it is anymore. Every day is the same pretty much. I'm starting to get used to it. I just don't want to get too comfortable because that will make getting back into a routine even more difficult once I have to go back to work in September.

I just realized that I'm pretty much off for the entire summer. Just like when I was a kid in school. Sort of anyway. Okay, the only similarity is that I'm not in school or working. Other than that, it's nothing like being a kid on summer vacation.

July 4th is coming up! Did I ever mention that it's my favorite holiday? At least, it has been my whole life. Mainly because we'd spend every single July 4th weekend at the lake, boating and swimming and grilling and doing all kinds of fun things. Last summer was the first summer we didn't do that since my grandparents died and we had to sell the property. It didn't really sink in but I think this year it might; however, on the bright side, I'm not sad like I thought I'd be. I'm pretty preoccupied with the baby coming, I'm excited that I have two wonderful families to spend time with, and I can't think of any reason to be disappointed. Plus, Sofie will be at 37 weeks right around the holiday, which for all intents and purposes is considered full term, so maybe she'll grace us with her presence and we'll have a firecracker baby. Won't get my hopes up, but it would sure be nice. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment