Sunday, November 6, 2011

peanut

Baby is SLEEPING right now!! Which means I have a small window of opportunity to say some stuff.

My days fly by, as do my weeks. I'm exhausted but super happy. I don't know how women work 40 hours a week, take care of a baby, maintain a clean house, and their sanity. I'm not doing it. Husband helps a LOT. He does most of the cleaning. I don't know what I'd do without him! I love him and I'm so happy that I have him to go through this journey with me. He's such a great dad.

I thought I'd try and multitask this afternoon. Husband has been out of town all weekend for military duty and will be home this evening. I have had this butternut squash sitting on the counter for weeks. I thought I'd bake it and freeze it for future use.....for babyfood, or some yummy dinner if I ever have time to cook. Sofia loves her jumparoo, so I brought it into the kitchen and put her in it that way she could bounce around while I baked. She was pretty happy and excited. When she started to be fussy, I figured she had tinkled in her diaper and thought I'd get to it in a couple of minutes. I finished wrapping the squash in foil and washed my hands, and went to pick her up. That's when I saw it. Her white onesie was brown in back. All the way up to her neck. Oh crap. Really, crap.

Apparently she'd pooped her pants and continued to jump up and down. And as expected, the bouncing up and down caused the poop to squish out the back of her diaper and shoot up to her hair.

Another onesie, lost to a poopy fate. Sofia got a bath after I wiped all the poop off of her. None of it got on her jumparoo though, so that's good.

Early Saturday morning, she also vomited all over me. She's had the sniffles for a few days now and I think swallowing it (eww) has given her an upset tummy, which made her puke. On me. Honestly, it's fine. Really disgusting, but I can handle it. I feel bad for her though. I don't like it when she cries. And being covered in poop makes her cry. I don't blame her. I kind of wanted to cry too.

I'm at a loss right now. So I'm going to show you some cute pictures. Enjoy. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment