Sunday, March 6, 2011

cravings

Look what I made for breakfast!!


What I really woke up wanting to eat was nachos. But that's probably not the best thing to have at 8am. Also, after putting the parfait together, I realized it'd be impossible to eat like that because I couldn't stir everything together. So I poured the whole thing into a bowl. I hate doing dishes too. It was really good though, and well worth it.

Back onto the topic of nachos...or Mexican food, in general. I guess there isn't much to say except that I WANT IT. I have some Tostitos in the cupboard but nothing else to make nachos with. I pretty much have nothing to make any sort of Mexican food with, so I foresee a trip to the grocery store in the next couple of hours. But then I wonder if I should go. What if I take all the time to make this food and then I don't want to eat it? Kind of like the incident with the pretzel salad yesterday.

For the past few days I have been craving salty/sweet, particularly this pretzel salad thing that I had at my friend Amy's a while back. I think it was for her baby shower. Maybe it was her bridal shower. Or maybe it was her sister's welcome home party. I really don't know, but it was at her house. Actually it was at her parents house. I'm really screwing up here. Anyway, I asked her for the recipe and she never gave it to me. So I asked her on Facebook a few days ago and she never responded. I am going to trust that she just hasn't read her messages or gotten around to responding. OR, she is keeping it a secret. I wouldn't blame her. It is a pretty good recipe and sometimes certain recipes are worth keeping secrets. I didn't want to bug her anymore about it, so I tried to find it online. I think I found it, or at least something similar to it. Either way, the recipe I found was sufficient for my purposes, so I made it. It took longer to make than it did for me to have a bowl of it and realize that, although good, my craving was gone and I now have a huge bowl of this stuff in my fridge that will probably be thrown out in a few days. :(

It's pretty good though, so if you're going to a potluck or some other party, you should make it. It sounds weird, but it's really good. Then again, I am pregnant, and also think that pickle and cream cheese sandwiches are good. So don't take my word for it. But you should still try and make it. Here's the recipe I used.

Pineapple Pretzel Salad

  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 stick of butter, room temperature
  • 2 cups crushed pretzels
  • 8 oz. cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 tub of cool whip
  • 1 can crushed pineapple, thoroughly drained

Combine 1/3 cup sugar and 1 stick of butter in your mixer until creamy. Throw in the pretzels and mix until they're all broken. Spread this on a cookie sheet lined with parchment and bake at 400 degrees for around 7 minutes, until caramelized. Set aside to cool.

Clean your mixing bowl. Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cream cheese. Add pineapple and mix. Fold in cool whip. Break up your cooled caramelized pretzels and fold these in to the mixture. Store in the fridge until you are going to serve it. Super good!

Honestly, I could probably make this without the pretzels and it would be great. Wouldn't that just be pineapple fluff? Is that how you make pineapple fluff? I've never made pineapple fluff. I've made pumpkin fluff, which is the best thing ever.

I think I've talked about that a couple of times but I don't know if I posted the recipe. There isn't really a recipe. But here it is if you are a fan of pumpkin and things that are fluffy.

Pumpkin Fluff

  • 1 can pumpkin puree (I like Libby's)
  • 1 box of vanilla jell-o brand pudding powder
  • 1 tub cool whip

Mix together the pumpkin and the vanilla pudding powder. Fold in the cool whip. Eat all of it.

I still really want Mexican food. Husband wants baked spaghetti tonight though. That is probably easier. But it doesn't taste like enchiladas.

No comments:

Post a Comment