Saturday, March 5, 2011

love


Husband and I have been together for 6 years today. Not married - just "together." I'm a person who remembers dates (mostly) and celebrates anniversaries. Not just wedding ones. We met on 2/13/05. Our first official date was 2/15/05, and on 3/5/05 we pretty much forbid each other from dating anyone else, again, ever. Oh, sentimental!!

I moved to Las Vegas in early 2005. I was a trouble maker and needed a change of scenery because I had worn out my welcome in my home town for a while. Now, before you question why Las Vegas would be a great place for someone who is usually up to no good, keep in mind that people get in trouble when they are around people who help them get into trouble. If you go somewhere and you don't know anyone, you are bound to stay out of trouble provided you don't associate with douche bags. So, I moved to Las Vegas. I had family there. It was a good thing because I could stay with them until I got a place of my own. I already had a job lined up, so I get kudos for that.

So as I'm driving down to Las Vegas, I'm updating my journey on my MySpace blog (when MySpace was cool). Husband, at the time, is stationed at the Air Force base in Las Vegas, and decides to browse MySpace because he wants to look at pretty girls from his home town. Ha! He finds my page and starts looking at things and sees that I am enroute to the dirt hole which is Nevada. He sends me a message: "Why would you want to move here?" I respond, "I do a lot of things that don't make sense. Why are YOU living there?" He responds, "I do things because I am forced to do them." Or something like that. So we chat back and forth and decide it might be a fun idea to get together sometime so he can show me the area. After all, we are both from the same hometown area, and there is nothing worse than living in a strange new place without knowing anyone. It's always good to know someone from back home who you have things in common with, and might even know some of the same people.

Now, before you pick on me for meeting him in the internet, keep in mind that it's quite common these days. I won't judge you for meeting your significant other in a bar, or at the grocery store, or when he rear-ended your car. :)

We became pals and that's all it was going to be. But then he didn't call me back one day and I got upset. Turns out he had left his phone at work - but still - why did I get upset? It's not like he had an obligation to call me. It's not like he was my boyfriend. Oh, wait.....

He also got all butt hurt when he found out I went on a date with some other Air Force dude who I had met in the area. Not sure why, seeing as it wasn't like I was his girlfriend. Oh, wait.....

And there you go.

Hence, March 5th. I believe that was the day we got mad at each other for spending time with other people and not returning phone calls.

You know you have something special with someone when you get mad at each other because you feel like the other person owes you something.

This is our first picture together. That date is wrong. I didn't change my camera settings.


We got married roughly three years later, and now we have a Sophie-baby on the way.



We even went and got the "couple picture" for our church directory.


There were a few things that happened in between - him going to Iraq, me moving back home and finishing school....but it all ended well. We're a good match.

He likes to joke and scare me.


I take embarrassing pictures of him.


We like to volunteer together.


We take our dog to the park.

He likes my family.


We always look nice together.


We go to the state fair together.


I make him cookies.


We go on adventures together.


I love love LOVE you, husband of mine. My life is wonderful - my life is BETTER - all because of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment