Thursday, March 3, 2011

sugar & spice..

...and everything nice!

I'm having a little girl!!!


They've got to find a way to make these things a bit more....appropriate. It's like, "Hi mom! Here's my hoohoo!" When I was little, I was told it was called a "Foo-foo." Either way, I wish that the ultrasound would just show the baby with a pink bow on its head instead.



That's better. :)

Sophie is right on track in terms of her development so far. They couldn't get a good look at her heart because of her position, so they will have me come in for another ultrasound in 6 weeks. Fine by me! Any excuse to see my beebee again is great! Also, I have a posterior low-lying placenta. Not a huge deal, but it's pretty close to my cervix. They'll check that again. The doctor says that's pretty normal and typically they will move up further as the pregnancy progresses. They will check it again, but if it's too close to the cervix, might have to schedule a c-section when the time comes rather than opt for a natural birth. That totally bums me out so I hope the placenta moves. I didn't want to have to get a c-section. Oh well. Whatever happens, happens! As long as she is healthy and so am I.

Hooray!! Now I can know what to shop for. This makes it so much more fun and easier. I'm so happy. I would have been just as happy with a boy too. Maybe our next one will be a boy. :)

1 comment:

  1. I cannot express how proud of you I am right now. I am very emotional. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to see her. You and Jason will be absolutely wonderful parents. I love you sweetie!!!!

    ReplyDelete