Saturday, September 25, 2010

Grievances

Today is nice outside. Despite that, I have stayed indoors because I've been tired all day and have no energy. My parents made a surprise visit and I was excited. They had the dog with them. I don't mind when the dog visits. He's a great dog. The problem today though was that they probably shouldn't have brought him over. He seemed a bit confused. I think he may have just gotten done with a run at the dog park. So they show up with him, and within 30 seconds he stupidly walks into my screen door. The screen rips. I got mad at him because we just had the screen replaced. I also can't afford to be paying for my landlord to fix things that are damaged due to "my fault" and not the fault of the prior tenants. So naturally I was mad about that and expressed my displeasure with what just happened and the fact that I now would have to pay for them to fix the stupid screen.

My parents reacted the way that anyone would absolutely hate. They guilt-tripped me by saying, "Fine, we'll just leave, we've ruined your day." Okay - NOW you've upset me. I wasn't even upset with them until they acted like martyrs. Seriously. I really wanted them to stay and visit but because their dog broke my door and I got upset, they decided to somehow twist the situation around and make me feel guilty and leave immediately. Now all I have is a broken screen door and a bunch of water on the floor from where the dog made a mess by slopping around in the cat's water bowl. I'm angry at them now for behaving that way. I don't know what the hell that was supposed to accomplish. Oh, and they won't answer their phones either.

No comments:

Post a Comment