Friday, September 17, 2010

Sick!

There's nothing worse than being sick, except for being sick and being at work. That's why I left early yesterday. But then I made myself go in today, partly because I didn't want to use too much sick time, and partly because my case load is out of control.

Okay, mostly because my case load is out of control.

It started out as a dry scratchy throat. Then it progressed into a sore throat. Now my throat is fine but my face hurts. Yes. My face. Hurts. I'm stuffed up and can barely breathe. I'm loopy if I'm on cold medicine. I'm loopy if I'm off cold medicine because my equilibrium is off and it makes me dizzy...and the congestion is most likely hindering the oxygen supply to my brain. I tried to stay away from people today. I made a feeble attempt at a phone call and that was a mistake. I could barely comprehend the woman. I am guessing it's not her, it's me. Normally I blame the person on the other end but this time, it's quite possible that I just can't connect the dots today. My head hurts too. My head actually feels like it's going to explode. I mentioned that on Facebook and someone made a joke. It wasn't funny. I expressed my displeasure. He said that laughter is the best medicine when you are sick. Har har, we have a comedian. Thanks dude, thanks for the insight. Truth be told, laughter is NOT the best medicine when you have a splitting headache. Know what is though? Pounding your face in!!

My husband is in the military and is going to be gone this weekend for training. He is currently packing. He'll be back on Sunday night. I am trying not to loathe him for leaving me alone all weekend, sick and weak, in my puddle of misery. I think he'd much rather stay with me though. I can't blame him. I just wish he wasn't leaving this weekend. I need someone to take care of me. I can't take care of myself when I am sick. I am going to starve to death, and most likely soil myself.

I was kidding. I won't starve to death.

This weekend will be spent in my pajamas parked in the futon in front of the television watching shows on demand that he wouldn't watch with me. Like, 'Say Yes to the Dress' or 'Top Chef.' Doubt I'll cook anything, unless heating up a can of Progresso Chicken Noodle soup counts. I have a box of chocolate Malt-o-Meal. And I do have a couple boxes of Kraft Cheese & Macaroni. Yep - I know what I'll be eating. I haven't eaten that since I found out I was pregnant. I couldn't justify eating it otherwise. Now I have another excuse. I'm sick. You can only eat that shit when you're sick or pregnant.

I'm off to find some cough syrup with codeine and wallow in my own self-pity. Have a great Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment