Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Oops

Oh wow. Has it really been that long? Sorry! I've been all "woe is me" and forlorn and I didn't want to have a daily post about how miserable I have been feeling. Nobody likes that. Unless they enjoy misery...in which case, I wouldn't want to entertain those people, because those people are creepy and probably own scary clown costumes. Phew.

I've taken to projects. I have two pieces of crappy furniture that I am refinishing. Did I mention I have never refinished furniture before? I don't think I've even ever painted a table. And these are just that. Tables. I will not post pictures of them though. Not until they are done. That way if I never get around to finishing them, nobody will be able to judge me. That's assuming people read this, and they probably don't. Whatever.

I've also hung up most of my art and pictures. For a while they've been packed away or simply leaning against the wall on the floor. Not anymore!! My townhouse looks like a person lives here. YAY!

Know what's good? Ben & Jerry's Cookies & Milk ice cream.

Also, vegetarian delight pizza from Papa Murphy's.

My plants are doing well and have been doing well all summer long. It's getting to be fall now though, and it's getting chilly. I have to figure out what to do with them. They can't remain on my patio because I live in the upper midwest and it gets cold here. They'll die, and my 40-year old cactus is too special to me to let it die of hypothermia in the cold Wisconsin winter.

I've been trying to get out of this rut and find myself over the past couple of weeks. I have been doing a lot of driving. And taking pictures of pretty things. Here are some of the things I've seen that have made me happy.




No comments:

Post a Comment