Tuesday, July 19, 2011

7 days.....

.....until my due date!

I'm bored as hell. This morning I actually feel really good physically and have the motivation to go out and do something. But, I can't, because it's Florida outside and the heat index is dangerous, and I'll probably end up getting sick. At 5am this morning, the windows were fogged up on the outside. If they weren't fogged up, they were so drenched in condensation that it looked as though it had rained. It didn't rain. Nasty. So, staying in the house. I wish it were nice out. I really want to go and get some things for baby. One, being a carrier. I have a Moby Wrap but I want something else to use and wear Sofia while it's hot out and I don't have anything. Moby Wraps are great but I hear they get warm so it's better to use those when the weather is cooler. Maybe this weekend Husband will take me shopping. Then I don't have to figure out how to fit behind the wheel and drive safely. I can't fit very well.

I forgot to mention in my last entry.... this past Friday there was a full moon. Another old wives tail says that the lunar effect can cause you to go into labor if you're near your due date. Something about our bodies being 80% water, and if the moon can control the tides, it can affect us as well. How? I don't know, break our water? The pull is supposed to last for 3 days. Well, for the record, I want to mention that it didn't work for me. But I think if you've been reading, that goes without saying.

So get this. I've been on modified bed rest for.....nearly 6 weeks now. And just LAST NIGHT did Husband (and myself) realize that we could bring the Nintendo Wii up to our room, hook it up, and have Netflix available for me. We have it downstairs through our Bluray player; we used our Wii prior to getting the Bluray. In any case, it would have been nice had we thought of it 6 weeks ago. I feel like I could have watched so much more up to this point other than daytime television. Wow.

The Thai food last night was great! We ended up not going to the restaurant because Husband thought it was too hot out and didn't want me sitting in a hot stuffy restaurant. This place is really a hole in the wall, but those are the places with the best food. They have air conditioning, but it's kind of worthless. In any case, I called in our order and he picked it up after work. It was so good. Didn't put me into labor though. I'm still pregnant. Good news is, I have leftovers that I can eat for lunch. I could seriously eat this stuff every single day. It's not even 9am and I'm tempted to eat it now. I'll wait until lunch time. Maybe.

I think I might go back to sleep for a while. I make it a point to get up in the morning with Husband so I can make him breakfast and pack his lunch, and have some time with him before he leaves. No, I don't have to make his breakfast or his lunch, but I like doing it. I think he secretly likes it when I do it, too. So we sit at the table and stare at each other, eat breakfast, talk about what to make for dinner... then he leaves for work, and then I go back to sleep for a while. Once the baby comes it'll change a bit - and then when I go back to work, we'll be on the same schedule and will leave for work together. This is nice right now.

I think the rest of my day will consist of checking Facebook, playing Words With Friends on my iPod, watching HLN continuously speculate where Casey Anthony is, and maybe watch some streaming Netflix. Oh, I should probably bounce on my exercise ball. I wish it had a handle so I could bounce around the house rather than just in one spot. Do you remember those things from the 80s? I can't remember what they are called, but I want one.

Oh, in more pregnancy developments, it's FINALLY uncomfortable to sleep/lay on my back. Seriously, even as of last week, sleeping on my back was the most comfortable for me, and I was mad because you aren't supposed to do that. Something about restricting blood flow or having your spine being pressed on by your enormous uterus - I forget. Either way, it sucked, because that was the most comfortable position for me, and I constantly had to force myself to not lay on my back, but lay on my side instead. I'd fall asleep on my side and wake up on my back and this wave of fear would come over me and I'd wonder if I had somehow hurt the baby by doing that. Well now, when I lay on my back, it's really not comfortable, and it's hard to breathe. I easily wake up on my side and that makes me feel better.

I'm just blabbing now. I'm lonely being home by myself, so typing on this thing makes me feel like I'm having an actual conversation with someone.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the boredom, lol! Barometric pressure is dropping...soon, soon, soon! (I'm thinking Thursday, Friday or Saturday)...wouldn't it be cool if she was born on your dad's birthday!? Keeping my fingers crossed for you Tara! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete