Monday, July 18, 2011

I should just be patient

But it's hard. Anyone who knows me knows that the word "patience" isn't in my vocabulary. Ugh. What's annoying to me are the people who have due dates AFTER mine and they have already had their babies. Stupid.

This is me last week, at 38 weeks.


Today, I am actually larger, but have not taken a picture. I will be 39 weeks on Wednesday. We'll take a picture at that time.

Having sex hasn't sped anything up. I have sex all the time and nothing has changed with the pregnancy. I am still pregnant. And Husband feels like a piece of meat.

Spicy food just makes my butt hurt the next day. So I'm not going to torture myself anymore thinking that spicy food will push her out. I will have spicy food tonight though. I'm craving Panang Chicken from this great Thai place here in town - not to induce labor, but just to eat. I'm excited. Husband is going to pick up food on the way home from work since the place is just down the road from our office!!

An old wive's tale says that eating eggplant parmesan will induce labor. Well, I had some the other day and I'm still pregnant.

Bouncing on the exercise ball is supposed to encourage the baby to move down and help progress. I bounce all day long, and nothing. If anything, any cramps or pains I had have gone away as a result. Guess that's nice.

I refuse to try castor oil. I don't need to drink some nasty oily crap that tastes like melted chapstick. My midwife says that the only reason it works is because it gives you diarrhea, which can cause contractions. And even so, it won't work unless your body is ready, so if baby isn't ready to come out, you get to have diarrhea and that's it. No thanks.

I've drank the raspberry leaf tea and nothing has happened. It's pretty good tea though!

So, what have I learned from this?

I'm due in 8 days and there is no sign of impending labor. Which means Sofia isn't ready yet. She's going to come when she's darn well ready, and it will be a surprise, on her terms, not mine. She's already calling the shots. But I knew this would happen.

1 comment:

  1. You're not going to induce her or anything, are you? I saw this AWESOME documentary called "Pregnant in America" and I highly recommend it. In it, for example, they said that a country's c-section rate shouldn't exceed 15% to best optimize the health of mom and baby. In 1975 we were at 7% and now (well 2008 when they made the movie) we are at 30% and rising. The movie said a lot more too and it's FREE on Hulu. Okay, there's my spiel. :) You and Sofia are in my thoughts. Hugs from Sarah and Alex. :D

    ReplyDelete