Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sleep when she sleeps....

....is some good advice. It's like a race against time! Like, "Oh sweet. She's asleep. I need to hurry now."

So, I'm tired. But that's okay.

Hey, remember this post?? I might break a lot of those promises. Not the one about wearing mom jeans or getting a mom haircut though. But I get it now. I guess I just had to have a baby to really understand. I think it's exciting when she does things. I am quite aware that a lot of people will not care that she sneezed or rolled over for the first time or [insert something she did here]. BUT, that being said, I know that all of my mom-friends will care, because they will understand because they have been there and when they were there, they also thought it was the best thing in the world. :) So, that being said, I make no promises anymore, other than I promise that people will probably hear WAY more about my daughter than they care to. I won't post a picture of her using the toilet for the first time though. I won't!! I may take a picture, but I will not post it on Facebook. Because that's just mean.

Sofia is an eater. I haven't figured out her pattern yet. I have figured out when she is hungry though. Aside from the fact that it seems like she's hungry whenever she's awake...she does give me cues. She tries to eat her hand and she smacks her lips and sticks her tongue out.

I know when she has dirtied her diaper. Her cry is different. It's like a shrieking cry. Almost as though she is disgusted with herself, and disgusted with me for not taking care of it immediately.

I can tell when she's content. Because she's not acting hungry or acting as though she dirtied her diaper. Haha!

I'm glad I'm breast feeding. With how much she eats, we wouldn't be able to afford formula. Good thing my boobs are enormous too. Which is another thing. They are huge. Huger than they have ever been. Is huger a word? It is now. I'm to the point where seriously need to invest in comfortable sleep bras because if I have no shirt on, I leak all over myself. It's pretty bad. I had no shirt on the other day and I was walking to the bathroom to take a shower, and my boobs dripped milk onto my feet.

Sofie poops a lot, and her farts are loud. She must take after Husband.

Sofie's hair is growing more and it's getting darker. Her eyes are a dark steel blue, which I am assuming will change color at some point. I wouldn't mind if they stayed that way though. It's a pretty color and looks nice with her dark hair.

OH! I lost 20 pounds! In a week! I know it's all fluid, but it still makes me feel good to see it.

My mom and dad brought over a pan of lasagna yesterday. I was having a sad morning and it made me feel better. I am not taking comfort in food - I was just really happy that my mom and dad thought of us and brought us food. It's nice since I'm not allowed to cook right now and I didn't want to have to eat something frozen.

Look at these funny faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment