Monday, December 6, 2010

coconuts and boobs

This blog doesn't have a lot to do with the title. I just thought the title was funny. Sorry to disappoint you.

It sounds like my neighbors have elephants running up and down the stairs. I know they have a doggy, and I think that's probably what it is. Even so, it's a medium sized doggy. They are loud. At least I can attribute weird noises coming from the walls to them. So then I don't get all freaked out when I'm home alone.

Wednesday is cookie day at my office. They do this every year. People make cookies and bring them in, then we stand around and drink cider and eat cookies for an hour. It looks like, however, they are cutting it down to a half-hour due to the workload. That sucks. I want to stand around for an hour and get paid to eat cookies. That's okay though. We'll have our holiday party coming up...and there are plenty more things to look forward to. Like, vacation. I noticed today that I have 12 hours to burn before the end of the year otherwise I lose them, so I am taking Friday off and next Monday afternoon (I'll leave at 11am). Sweet. I have no more Fridays this month that I am working except for next week and I'm only working until 11am. I love my job.

Jessie had Texas Caviar at work today and it made me want some. Thanks, Jessie! So I just made some. Now it looks and smells gross and I don't want any. Maybe I will want it tomorrow. If not, Husband will definitely eat it.

I had french fries for breakfast. Then later on in the morning I had half of a peanut butter and banana sandwich. Then for lunch I had a teeny amount of plain pasta that I remembered I had at work from last week. It was still good, I think. Well, I ate it. I had no utensils so I ate it with two butter knives that I used like chopsticks. Thanks, Jessie! I also had a tangerine and then I ate some wheat thins that I extorted from Jessie. Thanks, Jessie! I came home and had the other half of the peanut butter and banana sandwich. I also ate some cheese. I still feel pretty sick. But at least I don't have to eat anymore today. Do you know how hard it is to eat when nothing tastes good? Except the french fries, mostly. Those were good. They were good last night at Red Robin too. Along with the chocolate malt I had. That was good.

I signed up at work to do a cookie exchange with 4 other girls. I'm really tired and not ambitious like I usually am this time of year. Normally I'd make something really fun and yummy. Last year I made pecan pie bites. That sounds like too much work for me now though. If I was feeling ambitious, I'd probably make a variety of biscotti... like lemon biscotti, chocolate hazelnut, and black & white. At this moment, I'm tempted to buy a bunch of cookies from Sam's Club and put them in different containers to make it look like I baked them. The problem is, we're supposed to include a recipe. Ugh. I wish I had energy. I'd make the biscotti. Or I'd make macaroons. Maybe I'll have the energy when the time comes.

Or, I could make homemade almond joy candy.


FYI, I didn't take those pictures (courtesy of Joythebaker.com). They are representative of what my homemade almond joy would look like though.

It's pretty easy. But as I get older, I'm learning that less and less people like coconut. Not that I care, but I get really self-conscious if people don't eat the food that I make. Why all the coconut haters anyway? What did coconut ever do to you? It's a lovely tropical fruit, it's white and flaky and tastes like paradise and sunscreen, in a really yummy way. People who don't like coconut couldn't possibly appreciate it anyway, and I feel sorry for those people. Are you one of those people?

My boobs hurt. My boobs are starting to look like coconuts. They're getting bigger, against my will. I didn't ask for this to happen.

We're definitely going to have a white Christmas. There's a lot of snow outside and it's supposed to snow two more times before Sunday. I wish snow tasted like coconut.

I have a swollen gland. It's on the right side under my jaw line sort of toward my ear. It hurts when I swallow. I'm kind of freaking out and I don't know why it's there. If it gets worse I'm going to have to call the doctor.

On another note... hello nausea, we meet again. Good thing I cleaned the toilets yesterday. We may be spending some time together soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment