Saturday, December 4, 2010

hot chocolate and snow. and squash.

It's snowing! And I'm drinking caramel hot chocolate! And I'm baking butternut squash and the house smells really good and it's toasty warm. I'm really happy.

I knew it started snowing last night because I could hear the plows. It really hasn't snowed much, but for it not being winter (technically) yet, it's kind of a lot for a first snowfall. I'm too lazy to go outside so here are some taken from the inside of my house.


There will be a lot more snow in the coming weeks. I'm so glad I have 4-wheel drive, even though Husband tends to drive me everywhere when the roads are slippery. He's a better driver than I am.

My stomach hurts. This is getting really old. It's probably getting old hearing about it too. Sorry.

So I watched Toy Story 3. I loved it. I cried at the end. It was so sad. I don't think it was supposed to be sad. It was sad to me though. Now I want to watch the first two. It has been a while. And I'm upset - we don't have them. :(

So maybe I'll watch Finding Nemo or Monsters, Inc. Those are good movies too. What is it with kids movies all of a sudden? I love them.

I'm baking this butternut squash and I don't know what I am going to eat it with. It sounded good but now I'm not so sure. I know it's good for me and I should eat it.

Here are some ideas, but I don't know what to do:

Pureed and mixed with pasta, some cream, sage, and parmesan?

Butternut squash and black bean enchiladas?

Pureed with cream, maple syrup, cinnamon, and pecans?

Butternut squash ravioli? But I have no wonton wrappers...

Risotto? But I have no chicken stock...

I'll probably just eat it with butter and brown sugar. Like baby food. That's fine. It'll go great with my mashed potatoes that I'm going to make. You'd think I have no teeth or something since I don't want solid food.

I had this dream last night that I was pregnant and miscarried. Husband also died, and then I was so upset that I quit my job and was denied Unemployment benefits. It was a horrible dream. Then I woke up and was all warm and uncomfortable. It was pretty awful. I was also nearly upside down on my bed.

I heard someone talking about a banana split. Hey, that also sounds really good...

No comments:

Post a Comment