Monday, December 20, 2010

tis the season...

...for crappy drivers.

Husband took me to a coffee shop after work. I wanted to pick up some last minute stocking stuffers for the loves of my life. I also wanted to get a white hot chocolate. Oh yum, by the way. You should totally try one.

It's snowing. Husband did the thing that we harp on people for...making your own parking spot in the middle of the parking lot when you can't see the lines. Really stupid. But I support him. He is my husband, and he was angry that someone else took the spot near the door that he was eyeing up.

So we get our stuff and come back outside. we see a lady in a Camry (or something similar) with the front end stuck in the snow. It looked as though she tried to bypass the parking lot and get out to the road by driving through what is actually a huge grassy area. Only, it's covered with 2 feet of snow, so I have no idea what she was thinking. She was STUCK. We're nice people. Naturally, husband offered to try to push her out. It wasn't working. I went inside to ask for a shovel. The barista looked at me like I was a shovel thief and he refused to allow me the use of a shovel. Rather, he said he would be out shortly to help. Fine, you shovel Nazi.

I go outside to see that some old man with a SUV had appeared and just happened to have chains. I see my husband face down in the snowy parking lot on his belly trying to attach the chains to the Camry's undercarriage. Then I see him stand up and he's filthy wet. Why does the young guy always have to get dirty? So the other dude tries to pull her out with the chains. She still has the car in park. Husband tells her to put it in neutral. Old man tells her instead to put it in reverse, pressing on the gas to aid in getting unstuck. He does not, however, tell her that once she is free to immediately brake. This is assumed, assumed that she's smart enough to know. Well, she does not break once free, and continues to fly backward and just barely hit the guy's SUV. Luckily she was at an angle so went alongside instead. But all was not over. She was still attached by chain, and then the car and SUV were sort of whiplashed by the chain that attached them both as she continued to fly backward while the SUV remained stationary. The old man became angry and started swearing and yelling, "What the hell are you doing WOMAN?!" I thought that there was going to be some sort of fight. I signaled to Husband that maybe now would be a good time to leave. But then the old man calmed down, sort of. He caught himself when he saw that the lady looked like she was about to cry. He screamed in her face, "MERRY CHRISTMAS!! IT'S OKAY!!!" I've never seen someone yell and grit their teeth while trying to contain their anger and smile. It was weird. And I just stood there in the blizzard and watched while drinking my hot chocolate. Yes. It's blizzarding, again.

My house smells like poop and I don't know why. I'm worried that my cat left a secret santa gift somewhere for us to find it.

We received our Christmas cards in the mail today. Late. Christmas cards for people will be late. Oh well. They are worth it. It's probably the worst picture of us ever. We're wearing fur trapper hats and standing in the blizzard from last weekend.

Now that I'm grown up and about to be a parent myself in a few short months, I've realized that all of the "cool" parents during my childhood were actually just really bad parents.

The other day I was bored. In case anyone was wondering, a watched pot does boil.

I saw an advertisement that said, "Follow Jell-O on Twitter." Awesome, because I've been wondering what Jell-O has been up to lately.

Also, if a ceiling fan could hold my weight, I would never be bored again.

And finally, my aunt sent me coconut cookies. From Guam. I'm so excited to eat them, you don't even know!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment