Monday, December 27, 2010

obligatory year in review

Nobody likes to talk about January or February. January is when you make New Year's resolutions. February is when you give up on them. January has consistently been a bad month for me. In fact, this past January, my grandpa passed away. Part of me died as a result. I don't like to talk about it. So, we'll start with March.

No, I take that back. One good thing happened in January. I pretended to go ice fishing.

March:

-We bought a new bed. A Tempurpedic Cloud. So far, it has totally been worth the $2500 we spent.
-I tried making Flan. I failed.
-I remember getting really sick in March. I remember it being so bad that they gave me narcotics. I don't remember much else about that.
-I caught Salem trying to have sex with Kola. In the kitchen. While I was cooking food. We had guests. It was embarrassing.

April:

-I went to the dentist. They discovered that I had a cavity. My only cavity in 27 years of life. I felt like a failure.
-Someone hit my car in the parking lot at Petco. I was angry about that.
-Husband got a root canal. I got my legs waxed.

May:

-We started house hunting. We didn't end up buying a house, by the way.
-Watched the Brewers lose to the Cubs. So what else is new.

-Planted a pineapple.

-Sold the lake house. :(


-Was attacked by a wild turkey while driving.

June:

-Made a lemon-scented yogurt cake
-Made homemade oatmeal cream pies
-Laughed upon finding out my father in-law bought a metal detector and tore up his back yard
-Bought a lot of plants. Did a lot of gardening.


-Spent over a week in Las Vegas. Found Area 51. And ghost towns. And found myself again.






July:

-Moved into a new place

-Husband spent two weeks in Georgia for work, leaving me here to rot
-Made crepes
-Got pregnant

August:

-Made pineapple upside-down cake

-Made homemade lemonade. And cupcakes.


-Picked raspberries


-Got caught in a rain storm
-Ate orange sherbet
-Found a sunflower field

-Attended the Minnesota State Fair
-Lost our baby.
-Found lake superior

September:

-Felt sorry for myself a lot. Went on drives.

-Started a million projects. Didn't finish any of them.
-Made veggie lasagna
-Reunited with pumpkin spice lattes
-My town was flooded by rain.

October:

-Drank a lot of coffee
-Ate soup
-Decorated the house
-Went to the apple orchard

-Enjoyed the weather
-Had a birthday

November:

-Got sick a lot
-Found out I was pregnant...again

-Got promoted at work to a permanent position - yay!
-Made bagels
-Dad got hit by a car. By someone's grandpa.
-Had Thanksgiving. Threw up Fritos.

December:

-Fell in love with Pop Tarts. And Nutella. And cheese. Darn you, pregnancy cravings.
-Celebrated husband's birthday.
-Dug out the Christmas tree.
-Had a massive snow storm before winter even officially began


-Saw baby #2 for the first time!

There you go, that's my year, in a nutshell. I'm sure that more things happened, but I don't remember. Do you know how hard it was to try and remember all of those things? I'm not even positive if it's all correct. I did the best I could. Maybe this next year I can keep better track of things. That's not a New Year's Resolution, by the way. I don't do those anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment