Monday, October 11, 2010

Good dog.

I am going to talk about my dog, Max.

Here's Max as a puppy.


When I was in college, my dad found a flyer on a bulletin board somewhere. It was a home-printed advertisement for Siberian husky puppies. Apparently this family a couple of hours away had a hobby which involved raising and racing sled dogs. Their dog had puppies and they had enough dogs already, so the puppies were for sale. Oh yay!! I don't know why my dad brought the flyer home because as he was showing it to us, he said that getting a dog was not feasible. Then why bring the flyer home? That's like baking cookies and saying, "But we're watching our weight so we won't be eating these," and then throwing them in the garbage.

My mom and I were upset. I don't know why I was as upset. I didn't even live with them anymore. About a week later, my mom and I devised a plan to get a dog. We told my dad that we had a surprise for him and we didn't tell him where we were going. We drove as a family to this place and said, "Happy Valentine's Day! It's puppy day!!" Now that I look back, I wonder if my dad felt shafted. We made it seem like it was a gift for him but really, I picked out the puppy and he just wrote the check.

I love Max. What a great dog. I can't possibly talk about all of the things he has done up to this day because it would take too long. He talks. He jumps on the bed. He refuses to do things unless he wants to. And he chases criminals.


Yes, he chases criminals.

I am sad that I was not present for this incident. I would have been so proud.

Friday night, some maniac was being chased by the police in a high speed pursuit. He ended up on the street where my parents live. His car ended up in the neighbor's yard as he fled and tried to escape through our backyard. Little did he know that our vicious howling dog was waiting for him. Max scared the guy, the guy became disoriented and fell over a huge pile of wood that my dad had just chopped. HAHA! Max does not get the honorable recognition that he deserves, but it's okay. He got a cookie anyway.

Read about it here.

Good dog, Max. Good dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment