Saturday, October 30, 2010

cookbook?

So I'm thinking I should write a cookbook. Why not? I don't really expect people to buy it. I doubt news of it would ever spread like wild fire and have honorable mention on food blogs everywhere (or any blog, really). But I still think it would be fun to do it and offer it to friends or family. And maybe someday someone would ask to buy a copy. And even if that never happens, I'd still be able to say that I wrote a cook book.

Writing a cook book is simply putting all of your recipes together in a book. It's not that hard. Taking the time to do it is the only thing you have to do. If you want to get fancy, you can use an online service such as Tastebook. That's about all I'd do. It's not like I'd find it necessary to have it published and circulated to the masses. You will not see me sitting at Border's for a book signing. I am not Pioneer Woman. It takes someone years to become a household name and turn themselves into a product. I do not have the time or the desire. But I still really want to write a cook book, so I'm going to. And, I already started it. I'm pretty excited. So if anyone wants one, let me know. And if not, then you'll be missing out, because it's going to have a million sweet recipes of mine. Maybe not a million, but probably a hundred. Like this homemade pancake recipe that I made this morning.


  • 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1-1/4 cups milk
  • 3 tablespoons of butter, melted
  • optional handful of semisweet chocolate chips
In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.

Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Butter or spray the pan if you aren't using non-stick. Pour a cupful of batter into the pan. I make big pancakes. Brown on both sides and serve hot. With real maple syrup. None of that fake pancake syrup crap.

2 comments:

  1. Yes. Me. I will buy one. Definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IF you write books without the intention of people buying them they turn out pretty good i think

    ReplyDelete