Monday, November 1, 2010

pilates....

.....SUCKED. And not because it was hard. The instructor just flew through everything as if she wanted to just get the beginner's class over and move on to the intermediate. Thanks, lady!

A couple of years when I was going to this gym, they had a younger instructor who was super cool and actually taught the class like a beginner's class...because that's what it is. Meaning, she explained things and didn't fly through it. This other lady, although nice, was pretty disappointing. Not everyone is up to an advanced level (i.e., me), and I don't think it's fair for her to assume everyone is. Maybe if the class was in fact an intermediate class - but it wasn't. On top of that, the floors were hard wood waxed floors and my mat kept sliding all over the place. I looked like a fish flopping around on shore after having been stranded by the tide. It's okay though. I don't know if I will go again. I think I'm going to try something else. Additionally, the lights were off (fine, good) and there were candles lit everywhere. I question the safety of this simply because there was no ventilation in the room. I don't know if my light-headedness after the class was due to actual exhaustion or carbon monoxide inhalation. Only time will tell.

In other news, I came home grumpy and got mad at my husband who was currently in the middle of plunging the toilet upstairs that he had shat shut. Yes. Shat shut. I was mad because he pooped in the upstairs bathroom...the bathroom that has the bathtub and shower. The bathroom that I have spent time trying to make relaxing and nice. He could have pooped in the bathroom downstairs. You know, the one with the cat box in it. I know that my poop stinks too but his is worse. It must be a man thing. Man poop smells like poopy sweaty hairy butt. I don't like it. And I wanted to take a shower and couldn't because the bathroom smelled like a dead poopy corpse had recently been exhumed. I told him he couldn't poop up there anymore. Now that I think about it, I think I was a bit harsh. Who am I to tell him what bathroom to poop in? Not everyone even has more than one bathroom, so if we only had the one, where would he poop? I was a bit extreme. Maybe I will ask him to just not poop in there before I shower. How was he supposed to know I was going to shower? It's not like he can read minds. But I can read minds, so why can't he?! He needs to learn.

So back to the gym...after pilates, I went on some machine. Sort of like an elliptical, but better. I forgot my headphones, so it was 30 minutes of people watching while I died. Actually, it was quite relaxing despite how hard it was. Kind of hard to explain. So here are some things I saw today:

1.) An old man with a hunchback who can row more weight than I can.

2.) A girl who looked (and smelled) as though she showered and primped herself BEFORE coming to the gym. Seriously. She had a perfect outfit and perfect hair and makeup. All so she could go on the treadmill. I don't get it. If I did that to my face before exercising, I'd look like that guy from The Crow after about 10 minutes.

3.) Two girls who were doing synchronized plank/push-things. I don't get it. Why couldn't they go to the stretch room to do it? They did it right in the middle of the cardio floor and it was awkward. It was like they wanted people to watch them.

4.) A guy who, for 30 minutes, just walked back and forth puffing his chest out like some game bird trying to attract a mate. Like this one.

He was wearing a tight blue sleeveless Under Armour shirt and I could see his nipples and it looked gross. He wasn't even working out. He was literally just walking around the gym. I don't even think he was talking to anyone. He was carrying a towel around and a water bottle and during this time he drank all of his water. I don't know what the point was.

There were other things I saw, but I need to go and watch the Style channel now. I also have to figure out what I am going to eat. I've mentioned this before but I'm terrified to eat anything bad that would be counter productive to my efforts in losing weight. Especially after killing myself for an hour. I made brown rice. I don't know what to eat it with.

1 comment: