Sunday, November 14, 2010

4-letter words

I bet you thought I was going to talk about swearing. You are incorrect.

Snow:

We had our first snow of the season yesterday. It wasn't much. It melted right away.


But it's snowing again today. It looks like it's snowing a little more than it was yesterday. This might stay for today. It will probably melt soon.

Baby:

A friend of mine helped me babysit my other friend's baby last night. I have very little experience with children. They usually don't like me very much. I don't know why. I think I'm nice. Maybe because they can sense that I am uncomfortable. Except for my nephew. He loves me. It helped that I was in the delivery room. I was one of the first people he met. He's in love with me. The rest of them though? Not so much.

So last night I watched this little one for a couple of hours. I hope my friend doesn't get mad at me for putting up a picture. She's just so cute. I stole this off of her Facebook page.


My friend helped me. She is pregnant. I don't think she has much experience either. Possibly more than me though. Honestly, she held her more. So did her husband. Probably because they are having one soon and wanted the practice. But, in terms of my friend and I....our incompetence was apparent. The baby is teething so the mom told us that if she gets fussy, we could give her a dropperful of children's Tylenol. Two hours into her visit, she starts crying uncontrollably. So at that point, we thought some medicine would be a good idea. We gave her the medicine and she was fine, but then she started screaming again. Then we realized since she had been there for over two hours, we probably should check her diaper. It was wet. We should have done that before we gave her the medicine. But like I said, incompetent. So my friend gets her diaper off and she's totally bubbly and happy and it's so cute. We decided to put her jammies on her too. So we get her undressed and she's all rolly polly and happy and kicking and laughing.

Piss:

We were admiring how cute she was and then she pissed on my floor. On my Asian rug. Right next to the changing pad we had laid out. It was our fault for not putting a diaper on her or having her on her pad. Like I SAID, incompetent. So while my friend got her dressed again, I drove over to my parents house to borrow their carpet spray for cleaning up animal pee. I got home and my living room was in ruins, but the baby was quiet and happily drinking from her bottle. I should have taken a picture. It was amazing - the aftermath of simply changing a diaper.

Like I said. Incompetent.

Clearly I am not ready to have a baby. My friend did most of the work. But I drove and got carpet cleaner. That has to count for something.

Test:

It was suggested that I take a pregnancy test, given my symptoms lately. I took one this morning. It's negative.


There you have it. No diaper changing in my future yet. I'm not due until Wednesday, but the test says you should be able to tell 5 days before your missed period, and it's negative, so I'm going to just go with it. Any thoughts? Should I move on with my life and have a glass of wine, or should I wait a week and test again?

Poop:

I should also mention that my friend and her husband brought their cat over when they came to visit. I should briefly back up by saying that my friend AND her husband came over. They bring their cat when they come over. Their apartment is a bit smaller so their cat likes coming over to run around and hide in different rooms.


The cat was naughty tonight so my friend's husband locked him in the basement for a while. I asked if the cat had gone to the bathroom already because I didn't want him to pee or anything. Yes, he had already gone, and I shouldn't worry because he's not the kind of cat to make messes.

Well, it was proven that you should never underestimate an angry cat. That cat crapped on my Italian leather oversized chair. He left an oversized dump. My friend's husband cleaned it up and I think they were incredibly embarrassed. I told them not to be. It's not their fault that their cat decided to be disgusting. Even after it was cleaned up though, the smell lingered. Rather than watching zombie movies after they left, I went to sleep. I was exhausted anyway. I don't know why I'm so tired. It has already been established that it cannot be attributed to something small growing inside of me.

Today we are going to visit my husband's family. There is going to be a joint birthday party for my 13-year old niece and my 1-year old nephew.

I don't know if I can justify wearing my snow boots. I want to, but I don't think there is enough snow. I'll look stupid. But as I've established many times, I'm good at that.

It is worth mentioning that there is Christmas music playing on the radio right now.

2 comments:

  1. Eventful to say the least. You know what, babies are lots of poop and piss. lots. so, get ready to have your house turned upside down whenever you're ready for baby to come.
    AND I think it's worth mentioning the cat photo.... epic. Is that the actual cat, cuz he's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the actual cat. His name is Kingsley. :)

    ReplyDelete