Friday, November 5, 2010

it's Friday, I'm in love.

I like Fridays sometimes. Sometimes I don't like them. I like them when they go by quickly. I do not like it when they drag on. I'm sure that I am the only person in the world who feels this way. I just want to start my weekend.

I was able to leave work a couple of hours early today and I was happy about that. I think that my Friday was already going by pretty fast, but it was sunny and nice out and I wanted to spend some time with my husband before he left for the weekend for his Air Force stuff.

We went and bought toilet paper. Then we went out for Mexican food. We're a really exciting couple and we live our lives on the edge. I left work 2 hours early and used vacation time to buy toilet paper and eat a quesadilla.

I have this really big Asian rug that my mom purchased when we were living overseas. In Asia. What a coincidence. She and my dad don't have room for it anymore. I inherited it. With the help of my husband, I was able to put it in our living room today. It's really huge and takes up the entire space. Let me tell you - it's really not fun trying to get a huge area rug in place, centered and not crooked, when the room is already filled with large furniture. It was ridiculous. But my husband is amazing and can lift heavy objects. He can also leap tall buildings with a single bound and is faster than a speeding bullet. His kryptonite is the sun. No, he's not a vampire. He's Norwegian.

Well, here are some random things.

I just turned on the TV to watch 50 First Dates on the Oxygen channel. The very first thing I heard was a commercial with some old man saying, "Stop using dirty catheters." Okay. I will stop.

The new weather guy at one of the local TV stations looks like MacGruber.


You don't see it? I do.


Our governor has proclaimed November 8-12, 2010 as Winter Weather Awareness Week. What will this entail? I'm quite aware that winter is coming. I have to turn on my heated seats in the morning while I'm driving to work. I have to wear mittens and long sleeves. I have to wear boots. Yes. I HAVE TO WEAR BOOTS even if it isn't snowing. My feet are cold.

OH! Heated seats are amazing though. Not only do they warm you up, but when your butt is sore from exercising, it's like a therapeutic heat...thing. I sat in my SUV for a lot longer than I needed to the other day - partly because the heated seats felt great on my butt, and partly because I was in too much pain to move.

Back to Winter Weather Awareness Week though - apparently, some NASCAR driver is teaming up with our state's emergency management department to promote winter weather awareness. This will include public service announcements that will be on TV and radio stations. "Winter storms are deceptive killers because most deaths are indirectly related to the storm. Examples of such deaths include traffic accidents on icy or snow covered roads or prolonged exposure to the cold..."

Are you kidding me? How much money is the state funding for this? Why don't they just have blue sky awareness week? Or "Cow Poop Smells Awareness Week?" Winter storms are deceptive killers, huh? Well so are carbohydrates and cheeseburgers, and that's not a seasonal thing.

Pay me. I will take care of Winter Weather Awareness Week all on my own. I'll talk about how you should wear hats and scarves and mittens, and how you should wear boots with the fur. I will also advise that you keep a flashlight, some s'more Pop Tarts, and a cellphone charger in your glove box, and how you should drive slower and stop tailing me. Gloves with removable fingers are great because you can still text people and use your iPod touch. And finally, watch the weather forecast the night before. If MacGruber says it's going to snow tomorrow, get up an extra half-hour early so you can have time to brush off your car and thaw things out and not be late for work. Oh, and having sex helps keep you warm. But always practice it safely. Do not do it in a moving vehicle, especially if one of you is driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment