Wednesday, November 24, 2010

lack of inspiration...? no.


There's a lot I want to say, but it's not the right time. I know I've been quiet. I'm sorry. It will come out in the open soon. You'll see. I've even been slacking in the kitchen. I tried cooking tonight, but was too lazy to put forth a ton of effort, so I did something that I rarely do. I used store bought crescent rolls. Do you know how bad those are for you? Well, they're bad for you. But they taste good. Especially when you roll them up with things like pesto and cheese and bake them and dip them in marinara sauce and eat them.


My husband liked them. He was excited. See?


That's when you know you married a good one. When he gets excited over pastries that you baked from a can that you got in the refrigerated section at the grocery store. That, my friends, is true love. Or, maybe he is a guy who will eat anything. I guess we may never know. Maybe he's both. Maybe I'm just that darn lucky.

Do you want to impress a man with little to no effort? Everyone knows that one of the ways to a man's heart is through his stomach. Why not do it in 20 minutes or less?!

Pesto Pinwheels (I totally just made that up)

1 healthy can of store-bought crescent rolls
pesto
cheese
marinara sauce (this was also store bought. I am scoring a lot of points tonight)

Pop the can of crescent rolls open and unroll the whole thing on a cutting board. Pinch the creases together as best you can.


Spread pesto all over, leaving some room on the edges.


Sprinkle cheese (I used mozzarella).


Starting at a skinny end, roll it up. The creases might come undone as you roll - just pinch them together. It's going to be okay, I promise.


After you have the log all rolled, cut it into 8 pieces. Arrange them on parchment paper on a cookie sheet (or a pizza pan, like I did). Bake at 350 degrees for around 15 minutes or whatever the package says. I forgot.


Heat the marinara sauce on the stove so you don't feel as guilty for buying it from the store. Don't use the microwave unless you enjoy self-loathing. I didn't take a picture of it. I was too ashamed.

And, here are 10 things in 10 minutes.

1.) I like Thanksgiving. I like pecan pie.

2.) My hair is getting long.

3.) I need to shave my legs.

4.) People were rude to me today on the phone. I sort of threw it right back at them. Then I felt guilty. Then my stomach hurt. Then I realized I didn't feel guilty, but I was just hungry.

5.) I wish I could try getting lash extensions just once. I don't need them. It won't happen though, ever, for two reasons. One, it's seriously like $300. Two, there is nowhere around here that will do the ones I am thinking about. But I'd never spend money like that. If I had $300 to blow, I'd probably buy a new pair of boots.

6.) My husband bought a "paw breaker" for our cat. It's basically catnip fused with human-grade food binder and pressed into a hard ball, like a jaw breaker. Hence, "paw breaker," as that's what it is called. My cat loves it. She chases it and bites it and she loves her life.

7.) Tomorrow for Thanksgiving at my parents house, I am making green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, and smoked salmon spread. I'm also bringing a cheese ball and gluten-free crackers. And sparkling pear juice. That's right. Juice.

8.) I'm happy it's a 4-day weekend.

9.) I miss my grandparents a lot.

10.) It snowed today. A little. It was pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment