Sunday, November 21, 2010

Bambi lives another day.

Husband went hunting this weekend. Sadly, he did not get anything. Which surprises me. Usually he does. Maybe later on in the week when he goes again. Honestly, I hope he does - it's nice because the venison lasts us the entire year and I don't have to buy any ground meat. I don't really eat it, but he does, and I make a lot of things out of it for him.

Speaking of food, I haven't made anything in a while. I haven't felt very well and I'm not in the mood to eat anything other than random junk if I'm craving something. I don't feel great. And I'm tired. I feel bad. I feel like I should make something for him. Something other than a sandwich made with mayonnaise and deli meat.

I was driving down to my inlaws place where my husband has been this weekend and I started to laugh. I was thinking about the whole deer hunting thing. Last year when he went hunting, a lot of people had gotten a deer - I got really upset and started to cry. Why? Well, have you ever seen a dead deer stuck to the back of someone's trailer or on top of their roof?? I refuse to look for a picture because it makes me sad. There is always blood on their mouth...and even if there isn't, their tongues are always hanging out of their face. They look so degraded being hauled off for processing. It hurts my feelings. I explained this to my husband and I was very upset. He said, "Well what do you want me to do? Put its tongue in its mouth and tape its mouth shut?" I said, "Yes. Actually, that's a good idea." And I was serious. He didn't agree, but he did it. He did it for me. He duct taped the deer's snout closed like it was a crocodile.


The things my husband does for me. I wonder what people thought when they saw him driving it around.

I'm going to take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment