Tuesday, November 2, 2010

sounds like a country song.

Tell me...which one of these is NOT a real country song?

1.) You Stuck My Heart In a Old Tin Can and Shot It Off a Log
2.) How Can I Miss You When You Won’t Go Away?
3.) I Feel Like I've Been Hit by a Truck
4.) I Changed Her Oil, She Changed My Life
5.) I’ve Got The Hungries For Your Love and I’m Waiting In Your Welfare Line

I'll give you one hint. It describes how I feel right now.

If you are still guessing, then I'll tell you that the answer is #3. The last thing I want is for people to think that my love life is falling apart or that I've met a new man in the welfare line.

Today is the day after pilates. I'm in pain. Pain! There are stomach muscles that hurt that I didn't know even existed. I can't wait until the fat pillow is gone and I can see what they look like. Despite the pain, I went to the gym again. I sort of had to because I was meeting with my trainer at 4:30 and you can't really cancel those appointments. She must think I really enjoy squats. Either that, or she likes to hurt people. Or maybe she's just really trying to make sure I get the most out of the workout. My butt hurts. The insides of my knees hurt. I didn't know there were muscles there but I was wrong. My hamstrings hurt. My stomach hurts. My boobs hurt. My thighs hurt. My hips hurt. My sides hurt. It is pretty amazing. It's like there's some sort of fat battle going on.

I come home from an amazing workout to find that my husband has made me a cake. A cake? He wanted to make me a birthday cake. I appreciate the cake but I wish he had made the cake before Operation Bikini commenced. I can't not eat it because he made it for me and he doesn't know how to bake and this was really cute of him. Maybe I'll eat one piece and freeze the rest. I don't know. This is too much pressure. I can't talk about it.

I found out one of the supervisors I work with attends spinning class on Wednesday nights. Sweet. I will go with her. Maybe we can bond over the agony that is brought on by the spin bike. Then if I ever end up working directly under her, she'll love me the most because we share a special spin bike bond. These are things I ponder.

I was talking to my friend Nicole over e-mail today and we touched on a topic regarding the common misuse of 'loose' vs. 'lose.' People don't know how to spell and it's annoying. I told her that I thought the funniest typo EVER was "abou tit." Then I told her that I hope I never loose her as a friend. Her response?

"I hope I never loose you as a friend either. Writing is stupid. I don't know why we even have to learn abou tit."

We didn't win Saturday's Powerball. And I was so sure we would, too. I am a very realistic person.

I am glad that the election is over. I can't watch TV, answer my door/phone, or walk down the street without being bombarded by election propaganda. I was watching TV last night and thought I was watching a preview for a new episode of Law & Order, but it was just another political ad for Sean Duffy running for congress.

My coworker brought in a basket full of non-perishable Thai food. She acquired it when some people from Thailand were staying with her temporarily and they left it all there when they went home. She doesn't know how to cook with it so she was just going to throw it away if nobody took it. I took some stuff. Half of it is all in Thai and I don't know what it is or what to do with it. I'm excited.

I have been informed that my cat has just puked. Great. If I was hungry, I am not now.

No comments:

Post a Comment