Tuesday, November 16, 2010

a bad morning, fixed.

Disclaimer: Yes, I'm writing this from work. I am on my break. I am pretty sure that it doesn't violate our IT policies. I made sure to read the policy beforehand. See, as follows:

The IT policy says that staff can only use the internet for personal time for 30 minutes during the day. Here is that actual part:

In an effort to provide a quality work life, limited personal use of IT resources is permitted as long as use:

Is limited to a total of 30 minutes per day over break time, lunch time, and before or after work.

Is consistent with department polices and rules, including confidentiality, is not offensive, illegal, or in violation of any local, state, or federal statute, copyright laws, or software licenses.

Has negligible cost impact on the department.

Does not impede business functions.

Do not use resources for any purpose that you would not want your supervisor or someone other than the intended viewer to see.

So there you have it. I don't believe I've ever discussed anything on here that would get me into trouble, so I should be good to go.

On that note, I want to tell you about my morning.

I haven't been feeling well. I took a sick day yesterday for the second half of my day. My physical well-being is affecting me emotionally and I've been way hormonal. I don't know why. All I know is that I made a banana chocolate peanut butter smoothie for breakfast. I left for work and forgot it. I realized this as I was halfway to work and I cried. I got to work and asked if I could go home and get my smoothie and come back and make the time up. My supervisor is a wonderful person and she said yes. So I went home. I got home and my smoothie was not there. Then I noticed that my husband had called me a few times but I didn't hear it since the ringer was turned off (I always turn it off when I get to work). So I called him back. He said that he heard me leave this morning and came downstairs to see that I had forgotten my smoothie. So, because he's a super hero, he took the smoothie and was going to surprise me at work.

I don't even know what to say. He's a great guy and I'm so lucky! But how dumb of me. If I had at least had my phone on vibrate, I wouldn't have had to go all the way home. Then again, if I hadn't forgotten my smoothie in the first place, he wouldn't have wasted his time. He met me as I was leaving to go back to work and gave me the smoothie. It was still cold. :)

Love!!!

Along with that, I came to find that my office person had fixed my printer, and then my coworker gave me an orange. Nice stuff, so my day has been fixed.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment