Friday, October 1, 2010

The cheese stands alone.

The husband is gone for the weekend. He has his Air Force thing. It's once a month, but they had him two weeks ago. He has been gone a lot lately, and I feel like I rarely see him. It's pretty lame. I can't remember when I actually cooked a dinner for two. So it's just me this weekend with the cat and the bird. But I'll be busy.

I have my BFF's baby shower tomorrow that I am helping her mom with. I honestly feel like I haven't done much. I'm kind of bummed about it. I had these dreams of throwing her this great shower, planning everything, making food, planning games, etc... but all I did was buy the decorations, eating utensils, and sent 12 invitations out. I think it was 12. Oh, wait - I made punch. I did nothing else. Her aunt and mom are providing all the food and her aunt is doing all of the games and whatnot...I didn't even get to make a cheesecake and I'm sad. But it's okay. I'm sure it will be really nice and she will be very happy and get a lot of nice things. I'm just not used to being a "contributor" when it comes to this kind of thing. I'm used to being the planner. I guess I'm a control freak. I'm like Bree, from Desperate Housewives. I don't think that's good. So maybe this is good. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise. I've been pretty busy and wrapped up with other things anyway. You should see my house. It's a mess. There's no way I could have hosted a shower. Then again, if I had planned to, I would have cleaned. Oh wait - now that I'm not having it, I don't have to clean before or after. And I won't have a bunch of people messing up my bathroom. Sweet!

Before the husband left tonight, I asked him to help me bring all of my plants in. It's going to get below 40 degrees tonight, and tomorrow night it's going to get down to 28 or some other frigid temperature. I think the time has come to do more than just cover the plants with blankets. I think they need to come inside until April. Sad. What's even sadder is that I don't know where to put them. I might take some to work. I'm for sure taking my Ponytail Palm to work because Kola keeps trying to eat it. Then she pukes up grass strands on the stairway. It's disgusting. And I have to reorganize. I'm still not really settled in and we've been here since June. My china cabinet doesn't even have anything in it. And what happened to my wine glasses?! I've been drinking wine out of a juice cup and it makes me feel stupid.

I'm hungry. And I'm tired. And I kind of want the whole world to ignore me for just one weekend. Just one. No phone calls, no mail, no bills, and no expectations. Just Oreos. That's all I want. And husband. I wish he didn't have to leave this weekend.

Ever since these new neighbors moved in next door, it has become mysteriously difficult at times to park our car in back. Each townhouse has a one-car garage and one parking spot. Each townhouse is allowed ONE parking spot. Meaning, if you have THREE cars, you need to park one of those crappy cars out on the road. It doesn't mean you can park your rusted teal green 1994 Cavalier in back and leave it there indefinitely for all of us higher-caliber people to be forced to stare at. Do you realize that you took Stephanie's parking spot? She's OLD and has been parking there for the last 18 years and now your rusted pile is there and has been there since the beginning of September and nobody knows why. What has to happen? Maybe if I go under the cover of darkness and let the air out 3 of the tires, it will look even worse and then the property manager will have it towed. What has to happen?! I might do it. I need to find my ninja costume so that nobody will see me though. Maybe I'll do it on Halloween so that people will think it is a random act of trickery. Or maybe I'll just call my property manager and tell him that it's upsetting because I'm pregnant and am having to park in the street.

I'm not pregnant, and I never park in the street. But it could happen.

Oh. And Happy October. This is my favorite month. Good things happen to me in October. I hope that trend continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment