Friday, January 7, 2011

fat chair vs. love seat

I went to the clinic today. I was telling this story, and after I thought more about it, I think I got it mixed up. A few weeks ago when I was at the clinic for a prenatal appointment, Husband and I were in the waiting room. There was one of those larger chairs that looks like it could be for two people, yet maybe not quite big enough. I told my friend that Husband thought it was a love seat and said we could sit together. But now the more I think about it, I am pretty sure I mixed the story up. I think I may have been the one to tell him to sit by me in the love seat, and he may have told me that it was not in fact a love seat, but a fat chair. Maybe I thought that it was the other way around because I'm in denial that I'm so stupid sometimes. I'm still not sure. He may have said it, or I may have said it. It just doesn't seem like he'd be that clueless. It seems more like something I would do. I don't want to ask him. I'm too embarrassed. Either way, I know now that this is not a seat for two. Well it is a seat for two...if you are referring to two larger butt cheeks. But really, just a seat for one person. Or perhaps two toddlers who are naughty. Or two adults who really want to be close and uncomfortable.


A love seat is much wider and roomier, and comfortable. A love seat allows you to be comfortable and put your legs on the person who is sitting with you. Here's a love seat. And just in case there is any confusion, my friend here will point out that it is for TWO people. Or, she might be making a peace sign. I'm not sure.


Now, if you are of a larger stature, don't take offense to me calling it a 'fat chair.' In reality, it's my favorite chair to sit on. Maybe that means I have a big butt.

2 comments:

  1. i LOVE the photos. lol. and actually the fat chair is delightful. looks comfy.

    ReplyDelete