Wednesday, January 12, 2011

these things

I was thinking today.....there are a lot of things I want to eat or drink that I can't eat or drink right now. As soon as I'm able to, you better understand that nothing will come between me and a plate of sushi (among other things).

I'm upset that I can't have sushi. Seriously, it's just stupid. What do people in Japan do then? There are pregnant women in Japan and sushi is a huge diet staple over there. I am willing to bet you any amount of money that Japanese pregnant women eat sushi ALL THE TIME!!!!

The same goes for European women and unpasteurized cheese. I'm positive that French women eat things like Brie and goat cheese. I don't think that it's fair that I can't have it. That, along with bleu cheese. I can't have hot wings with bleu cheese dressing and that's fricken unfair.

And alcohol? It's not even beer or wine or vodka that I want. All I want is a mudslide with Bailey's and Kahlua. And I can't have it, and there are no substitutes. Sucks.

Same goes for raw cookie dough. HOMEMADE raw cookie dough. I can't fricken have that either. Or sunny-side-up or over-easy eggs. Breakfast is no fun anymore.

Summer sausage? Or how about a great deli meat sandwich? Forget it. Sadness prevails.

And don't even get me started on coffee. I know that a lot of pregnant women have caffeine, but I can't bring myself to do it. Which means I haven't had a good cup of coffee in three months now. For someone who used to work at Starbucks, this is a difficult thing. I know that many times decaf tastes the same, but it doesn't make me feel the same.

I can't take my Adderall either, so I can't think.

Cold chicken? Or any type of cold meat for that matter? Nope. Aside from deli meat, I can't have any type of cold salad with meat in it. It's not fair.

I find it hard to believe that babies will be born without limbs or ears or something in the event that I eat forbidden food. But I'm not willing to risk it. There are so many no-nos out there and it has been ingrained in my mind so I cannot possibly enjoy life if I were to eat these things while pregnant. It is hard to enjoy life sometimes without eating them too though.

My cravings are definitely pregnancy related. Why else would I be eating barbecue meat?? I can't wait until things get back to normal and I can go back to being a vegetarian. I'm like Phoebe, from friends.

And since Youtube is stupid and won't give me an embed code, I urge you to click on this link so you can understand what I am going through.

Phoebe craves meat, and so do I.

1 comment:

  1. Everytime I got discouraged about a food I couldn't have I would think about how beautiful, smart and healthy my baby was going to be!

    ReplyDelete