Friday, January 21, 2011

oh brr!!! part deux.

I survived. Do not fear.

We had to go to school to pick up a book for Husband's anatomy and physiology class. Then, we stopped by my mom's work and visited her. She works at a health food store. I'm a big fan of organic stuff, and a big fan of my mom. Then we had to drop off something at our landlord's office. Husband had to remove the baseboard heater in our downstairs bathroom so we could fit the new washer and dryer in there. I called Landlord to make sure it was okay. He said it was fine, and just to drop off a note reminding him that he gave us permission to do it so he could put it in our tenant file. He said I could literally just hand write a note. But, being the anal person I am, I drafted this contract looking thing and signed it. Whatever. He'll appreciate my thoroughness and my professionalism.

We dropped off a loan payment at the bank.

We went to this Mennonite country store and bought snacks and hot cocoa mix. Random? I know. I also got hummus. And vegetable chips.

We also went to Michael's. I got a coloring book. Don't ask.

We ate lunch at a Erbert's & Gerbert's.

Husband got the washer and dryer all hooked up. I hate renting. There's always some issue. The valve that he had to hook up the cold water hose to was leaking. We had to have the plumber come out and fix it, and it's still not totally fixed. Husband said he'll watch it...there's still a small leak, but it might not be much to worry about. If it starts leaking into the basement though, they are going to get another phone call.

Oh, speaking of washer and dryer....I'm a loser and had to take pictures of our new appliances, because I am so excited about them!!!!

So many buttons! Here is our washer:

Here is our dryer. And my face!!

Husband has to level the feet on the washer before I use it again so it doesn't bounce around and destroy itself during the spin cycle.

So I'm happy. We won't have to bother our friends and family anymore by coming over and using their facilities to do our laundry.

What else...I took a short nap. Under my new electric blanket that my mom got for us. I'm so lucky. This thing rules. It's soft chenille material and doesn't even feel like an electric blanket...and it has dual controls on both sides of the bed. So if Husband doesn't want his side as warm as mine, he doesn't have to worry. He never turns his on. I on the other hand, keep mine at a level 6. It's perfect. But now someone asked me if I should even be using it while I'm pregnant. I find conflicting things when I google it, so I really don't know. My thinking is, I'm not overheating, they're made better nowadays and aren't emitting high enough EMFs to hurt me or my baby....I should be fine. I'll ask the doctor on Monday when I go in.

I have to go to my holiday party for work tonight. It's just dinner. I already paid for Husband to go with me. Now I don't want to go. I'm lethargic and tired and just don't feel like socializing. But I'll feel bad if I don't go. Especially since it's dinner and Husband is excited to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment