Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday

No work today. I love federal holidays when I can get paid to stay home.

Or in my case, go shopping.

Something is wrong with my hair. I had my stylist (and good buddy) thin it out and make it look nice on Friday. She used different products in it. Now, despite washing it multiple times, the roots at the crown of my head remain sticky/oily, and it's really upsetting me. I've even tried using dish soap to get it out (whatever it is) and nothing works. I don't know what to do. So, I backcombed it today (after washing and drying it again) and used a bunch of hair spray so that it doesn't look like a grease puddle. Now, I just look like someone from Jersey Shore. Sick.

I went to Target in hopes of finding something to fix it. I really didn't feel like going to the salon just yet. I found some Neutrogena anti-buildup shampoo. It's supposed to strip your hair of any product buildup. It's a bit harsh so you can only use it once a week at most. I'm hoping this does the trick. I'm just happy I found it. If this doesn't work, I'll go back to the salon and ask for help. Or, I'll see what kind of de-greaser my dad has in the garage. I did email Emily so hopefully she gets back to me with a solution.

On a side note, I drove myself to Target. Husband had to attend a funeral today for a family friend. I couldn't go. I just don't feel very good. The nausea came back this morning. No fun. I'm feeling a bit better. And, I'm proud that I drove the car today. I've been sort of terrified of driving lately.

So I went to Target...got some shampoo....and also picked up some comfy maternity clothes. I also found the water bottle I originally wanted to get. Now I can leave the manly jug at home and take the pretty purple bottle to work. Hooray!

I also went to The Coffee Grounds and got another white hot chocolate. Despite the fact that my friend thinks it tastes like puke in a cup, it really doesn't taste like that to me. I am convinced that they just made hers wrong.

I'm going to my boss's house this afternoon to bake cookies. I'm lucky to work with someone who I love so much. I don't know how this happened. Most people avoid their bosses both at work and outside of work. Not me.

Also, there is chili in the crockpot for supper. But I can't take credit for that. My husband cooks, too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment